Sedona Performing Arts Center
995 Upper Red Rock Loop Road, Sedona, AZ 86336
Sedona VegFest 2017 was a two-day celebration of the joys of plant-based eating. Participants sampled delicious food, watched cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs, and learned from some of the top plant-based nutrition, lifestyle and healthcare experts in the nation – all in a fun, festive atmosphere.
They found how easy it is to adopt a lifestyle that can create remarkable, positive results for their health, and for the world.
Points of Learning:
- Many of the most dreaded and deadly health conditions that plague Americans are not only caused by our diet, but are preventable or even reversible when we change the way we eat. People with heart disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes and many other chronic conditions, are finding their way back to health through food, not drugs or surgery.
- What we eat has a greater impact on the climate than our transportation or how we heat our homes.
- The animals we eat are raised in inhumane and unhealthy conditions that cause suffering, and threaten human health as well. Factory farms raise 99.9 percent of chickens for meat, 97 percent of laying hens, 99 percent of turkeys, 95 percent of pigs, and 78 percent of cattle currently sold in the United States.
- Even though problems of our world often seem overwhelming, through a simple change in your own life, you can make a real difference.
More Information presented:
- The latest scientific information on whole food plant-based (WFPB) nutrition and why this optimal plant-based diet is central to chronic disease prevention and control;
- The impacts of animal/fish agriculture on our environment;
- The impacts of animal/fish agriculture on animal health and welfare.
- How to prepare delicious WFPB entrees’ through two chef demonstrations.
- Inspiring lectures and Q&A with top medical, environmental and animal rights experts.
- Delicious whole food plant-based cooking demonstrations on both days, plus two amazing lunch entrées provided by a local celebrity chef; and
- The building of community, both locally and nationally/internationally.
See the video links at the Program Button of this Healthy World Sedona VegFest web page for presentations of most of the speakers at this VegFest and also see the Health and Nutrition Conference web page for presentations of January 13.
Healthy World Sedona is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and presents these and many other events throughout the year as a public service. Your regular tax-deductable contributions and sponsorships are much appreciated (see the “Donations” link at the top of this page).
Plan now to attend next year’s conferences, January 19-21, 2018 !
Blossom Level Sponsors: